Saturday, January 2, 2010

GROW BED CONSTRUCTION OVERVIEW

Grow beds act as filters for your pond. They are one of the most, if not the most, important part of the natural pond system. I have put together several step-by-step instructions for making your own grow beds that can save you a lot of money if you have the time and skills to do so. The list below has them in the order you should follow. That said, there are times when you might possibly have to reference another instruction for separate details. It is best to skim over all the them before you start. That way you will have an idea of what to expect. This article is for that purpose. It will give you easy excess to all the instructions from start to finish.

Please don't hesitate to comment if you can't understand something , find a problem, or just have a question or comment.



Here is a gallery for the construction of my custom grow beds, that I attached to my existing deck. Since they are custom, I am unable to give instructions with informative detail, because I doubt if anyone would require the exact same designs. If you want your own custom beds, you can leave a comment and we can discuss your needs. You can also look at the images and get a good idea of what is required.

IMAGES FOR MY CUSTOM GROW BEDS...



4 comments:

  1. All I can say is "WOW!" This is incredible! You have done something really, truly amazing here. Congratulations and thank you for being so generous with your design information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi slywoman

    thanks for your compliment. I just trying to give people an alternative for swimming pool removal that is IMO a better choice than all of the others. So many people are getting rid of their pools and not taking advantage of the "big hole in the ground" that is already dug for them. Then pay enormous amounts of money to have it filled. This is a more cost effective way to go. Plus, it will pay for itself in time and is great for the environment. You cant go wrong with this system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my house two years ago with a inground pool in very poor condition. Pool companies want 30-35,000 for a new pool and I don't use it that often and don't like the idea of using so much energy. This winter the walls have collapsed. This blog should give me great insight on how to convert my pool it something useful. Looking forward to your articles. Thanks so much for all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting.
    I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.


    Pool Demolition

    ReplyDelete